[SystemSafety] Fwd: Re: power plant user interfaces

Smith, Brian E. (ARC-TH) brian.e.smith at nasa.gov
Wed Jul 15 17:19:30 CEST 2015

It seems to me that HMI "metaphors" can take the form of arrows, needles,
and/or moving tapes pointing in an intuitive directions (that one might
expect in other real-world situations) and auditory cues that come from
the right direction.  Also the order in which information is provided to
the operator can ³metaphorically² represent the operator¹s cognitive model
of how pipes are arranged or valves are located in a processing plant for
example.

Brian Smith

On 7/14/15, 10:20 PM, "Peter Bernard Ladkin" <ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>