[SystemSafety] [EC 61508 and cybersecurity

Chris Hills safetyyork at phaedsys.com
Mon Jun 1 12:49:44 CEST 2015

I have always though that safety and security are two sides of the same coin.  Often it is just a difference of emphasis or wording  but the requirements are very similar if not the same.

The trouble is “cyber security” is the new buzzword so we need a standard for it…..    Surely it is better build on 61508 for something that is both safe and secure?

Or do you want something that is secure but unsafe?  J

Regards

   Chris

Phaedrus Systems Ltd Tel:   FREEphone 0808 1800 358
96 Brambling B77 5PG          Vat GB860621831  Co Reg #04120771
 <http://www.phaedsys.com/> Http://www.phaedsys.com  chills at phaedsys.com