[SystemSafety] automobile software

Coq, Thierry Thierry.Coq at dnvgl.com
Fri Apr 29 12:57:05 CEST 2016

Hi
I agree completely the word “bug” is improper.
However, the word “error” seems to imply responsibility or negligence that may or may not be there, that would be for a judge to decide.
In the hardware industries, the neutral word that is used is the one of “defect”.
There shouldn’t be a difference, in this regard, between hardware and software.
Quality assurance and quality control in the hardware industries have an excellent track record in dealing with the non-introduction, the detection and the removal of defects… There are many methods, some of them efficient, advocated to deal with this.

Best regards,
Thierry Coq
Mobile +33 06 80 44 57 92
www.dnvgl.com<http://www.dnvgl.com/>