[SystemSafety] automobile software

C. Michael Holloway c.m.holloway at nasa.gov
Fri Apr 29 13:17:25 CEST 2016

Greetings,

I completely disagree. The word "bug" is quite proper, both from a
historical perspective, and a perception perspective.

For the historical perspective, see http://bit.ly/1NFneY7. Note also,
that the Oxford English Dictionary gives as the "original" meaning of
the term, first seen in print around 1425, as "An object of terror ...",
though it does add "usually an imaginary one."

Concerning the perception perspective, I know far more people who find
"bugs" more disagreeable and bad than "errors", "defects", "flaws" or
any other such term.

--
cMh [ C. Michael Holloway | Senior Research Engineer | NASA Langley
Research Center, MS 130, Hampton VA USA | Tel: +1.757.864.1701 ]

The words in this message are mine alone; neither blame nor credit NASA
for them.