[SystemSafety] Partly Off Topic: What Happens in October

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Tue Oct 18 11:16:56 CEST 2016

On 2016-10-18 10:31 , Dick Selwood wrote:
> Peter says
>
> /It's that tertiary education allows exceptional talent more easily to develop to the standard of
> which it is capable./
> Will the current attitude British attitude - that makes no connection between the well-being of
> society and an educated society  - produce future Nobel winners except (possibly) from the small
> group of financially privileged?

On a related matter, which includes education and employment of engineers in particular, the
following has just been published
https://etfsite2016.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/raeng-etf-outside-the-eu-report.pdf

It's been widely consulted. I am afraid I was rather dismissive during the consultation. I see
relatively free movement of engineers and academics in engineering (from anywhere) as a big plus for
engineering in general and British engineering in particular, and most potential intra-European
restrictions as a minus, and rather thought that a wide consultation and a 30pp document was about
29 pages too long.

I think there are issues around intellectual property, industrial espionage and borderline
espionage, which need to be considered. But I believe those need to be considered as they stand and
that they are not specifically connected with Brexit.

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
MoreInCommon