[SystemSafety] Open safety standards for driverless cars

Andrew Banks andrew at andrewbanks.com
Thu Aug 9 08:42:44 CEST 2018

Prof Phil Koopman made the point in Plenary (for those listening) that the automotive industry is working towards what are essentially transport solutions, yet bizarrely are successfully holding out on being regulated in the same manner as all other forms of public transport.

I can’t comment on the general, but in the UK it if the Department for Transport who are against regulation.  Their argument being  it “will stifle innovation”

As an active participant in Standardisation, I would rather see these standards enforced (with this as a driver for further enhancement/improvement)

Regards

Andrew