[SystemSafety] Autopilot interface?

Chris Hills safetyyork at phaedsys.com
Sat Nov 10 16:04:05 CET 2018

Height above sea level or height above departure and/or target runway?

When an aircraft takes off or lands at "zero altitude" on the runway  the
runway height above sea level can be anywhere from -1240 (Dead Sea) to
+16,900 feet (base camp on Everest)  You have to accurately know the height
above (or below) ground level on both the take-off and target runways  and
any alternate runways.

As we have seen, and it is not just around the Dead Sea,  these systems have
to be able to handle negative through to positive numbers seamlessly.

Regards
   Chris

Phaedrus Systems Ltd
FREEphone 0808 1800 358    International +44 1827 259 546
Vat GB860621831  Co Reg #04120771
Http://www.phaedsys.com  chills at phaedsys.com