[SystemSafety] Personal and corporate liabilities as a consequence of safety, security and other mistakes of similar importance

Olwen Morgan olwen at phaedsys.com
Tue Oct 9 09:47:00 CEST 2018

All,

> There is virtually no "technically respectable" literature on how the phenomenology of programs
> relates to the cultural aspects of programming.

There is a *DESPERATE* need for research in this area. Having spent my
entire working life as a software engineer, I am both astonished and
dismayed that there has been no serious effort to explain why working
practices are so arrantly irrational. And before anyone says there's no
evidence of such irrationality, I'd point out that in most workplaces
I've seen, you couldn't even get repeatable measurements on whence to
produce a sound evidence-based assessment of the degree of rationality
of working methods.

It's what makes me glad that I'm now semi-retired and can pick and
choose what work I take on.

regards,