[SystemSafety] Uber Advanced Technologies Group publishes its "Safety Case Framework"

Grazebrook, Alvery AN alvery.grazebrook at airbus.com
Tue Jul 23 11:01:06 CEST 2019

Am I missing something, or does the safety case completely fail to address the human-in-the-loop question? There are references to potential harm from reasonably foreseeable misuse, which is part of the story, but is there anything in the document to ensure that driver-in-the-loop involvement is within the capacity of a normal (trained or untrained as appropriate) human to act on? It may be that this is a moot point because they are only developing fully autonomous vehicles with no safety related human interaction outside misuse, but there’s nothing that says so.

Cheers,
            Alvery

** opinions expressed are my own, and not necessarily those of my employer.