[SystemSafety] C for OSs

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Tue Sep 17 11:09:30 CEST 2019

On 16/09/2019 21:47, Olwen Morgan wrote:

> (In my busier years, it was nothing for my annual personal expenditure
> on professional books to exceed £1000. It's a lot cheaper than going
> on courses.)

Many years ago when I was running Praxis, I encouraged managers to use
their training budgets to buy technical books for their staff on
request, for exactly the reasons that Olwen gives. It mystifies me why
so few other companies appear to see the sense in this.

It also reduced the rate of disappearance of books from the Praxis library.

Martyn