[SystemSafety] Correctness by Construction

Olwen Morgan olwen at phaedsys.com
Tue Jul 14 12:16:01 CEST 2020

On 13/07/2020 20:01, Michael Holloway wrote:

> How does /draconian/ configuration management differ from normal,
> sensible configuration management such as what is required by (for
> example) DO-178C>
> *
> *

*It doesn't.*

*I'm merely pointing out that, by common standards of practice, it has
to be *very* disciplined. All CM processes I've seen control the
artefacts produced in the process. The only one I've ever seen that
controls the tools is the Altran-Praxis CM process that they used for
iFacts, among other projects. When, as I have done for the best part of
three decades, I've proposed to clients that they should control tools
as well as artefacts, all but those you could count on a mutilated hand
have actually balked at the idea.*

*
*

*Olwen*