[SystemSafety] System Safety Graduate Program Recommendations

paul_e.bennett at topmail.co.uk paul_e.bennett at topmail.co.uk
Thu Oct 22 19:57:09 CEST 2020

On 10/22/2020 at 3:48 PM, "Ben Quigley" <bquigley.rr at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I hope this request is in line with the intentions of the
>systemsafety
>Digest. If not, please let me know.

[%X]

>So I'm wondering if anyone in this distro has any recommendations
>of
>programs I should investigate. Here's some info that may be
>relevant:
>
>- BS Mechanical Engineering (ABET accredited, 3.8 GPA)
>- 5 years of industry experience (traditional Systems Engineering
>and
>Integration & Test)
>- Working understanding of hardware, software, and electrical
>principles
>(software skills are the strongest of the three, but I'm certainly
>not a
>Software Engineer)
>- Program would need to be in English
>- Fully remote is strongly preferred (likely required)
>- Part-time is strongly preferred (likely required)
>
>Any info you could provide would be much appreciated!
>
>-Ben Quigley

Hi Ben,

  As you are in the USA and seeking courses you describe, then I would
suggest you speak with Philip Koopman at Carnegie Mellon. He covers a
range of material in his courses and I am sure he could probably help you
out in a graduate as well as undergrad capacity. Phil sometimes pops up
on this list too, but you will find him on LinkedIn easily enough. He also
runs Edge Case Research which deals in autonomous systems and safety.

Regards

Paul E. Bennett IEng MIET
Systems Engineer
Lunar Mission One Ambassador
Paul E. Bennett IEng MIET.....
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy.............
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: Due to relocation - new number TBA. Please use Mobile.